Friday 22 May 2015

BRIEF 01 - EDIBLE TYPE - EVALUATION

What strengths have I identified in this brief?

Although on a whole this brief developed into a relatively strong branding brief there are no real strengths to the project in my opinion. There are no stand out elements or experiences form this brief. 

What weaknesses have I identified in this brief?

The weakness of this brief is that there was not a lot to the design. It was really only one logo and layout spread over various printed and digital ephemera.

What were the opportunities provided by this brief?

It was a good opportunity for my work to be seen around college by all three years and tutors.

The brief also provided an opportunity for expansion and development which was important that I acted upon, as it gave the project much more depth and real world application. Rather than just a single poser. 

What issues were there whilst working on this brief?

There was probably the biggest issue of my year whilst working on this brief. Having designed the poster and had it looked over by my peers and the tutors, it was sent to print with an obvious typo. Where as the event was in 2014 I had put 2015 on the poster. This was something that was only noticed after the poster had been printed, meaning that I wasted £40. Although this is not a huge amount of money it is not insignificant and meant that it took longer to get them finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment