Friday 22 May 2015

BRIEF 02 - YCN STUDENT AWARDS / WHISTLES - EVALUATION

What strengths have I identified in this brief?

This is probably the strongest brief I have worked on this year. The whole process from research to collaboration, art direction, design, production and finished boards were strong.

What weaknesses have I identified in this brief?

There was only one part of the project that I though let the rest of it down slightly and this was the lack of a proper concept. There was no real foundation behind the design only that it was aesthetically strong and all worked well as a campaign.

What were the opportunities provided by this brief?

This collaboration gave me to work with a photography student and a videographer. It was also the first time I had done any proper art direction which was something I had been meaning to do all year.

What issues were there whilst working on this brief?

There was one major issue in this brief, which was that, when we organised a photoshoot, the male model dropped out very last minute meaning that I had to step in. This irritated me, as I only wanted to direct rather than participate. It was only an issue as it felt unprofessional.

No comments:

Post a Comment